Friday 2 September 2016

Dear Diary



Dear Diary,

I thank you for been such a good friend, a lover, an acquaintance and a counselor. I look back to the times I took my anger out on you and I sincerely apologize for those emotionally spills I must have thrown at you because I know how dramatic I can get when I loose my head. Well, some may wonder why I called you my lover but then, who else was so kind and passionate enough to accept me with her long loving arms and kiss me goodnight each time I fall asleep in between those pages.

I can never thank you enough because despite the times I messed up your sheets with my tears, you stayed warm, pulling me close and telling me that it will be alright. People keep diaries for different reasons and staying in touch with reality happens to be on the top on the list for me. If not for you, I will probably be left with just a glimpse of the past but I'm grateful for such a retentive memory that you've got, the past fits right into the present and with you I'm guaranteed a clear sight of the future because it's wonderful how you're able to inter-connect, and all I have to do is just make the pen bleed.


Who knows me better than you? I could have said my mother but where was she when those knives came piercing through my heart and my first love was gone without saying goodbye. The girl I gave my heart to hurt me so bad but despite the fact that I wasn't totally faithful to you, you still accepted me with open arms and helped me mend my broken heart. You didn't just sit there in anger considering how unfaithful I was with those times I chose her over you, you still showered me with your love and attention and subsequently accepted other girls too.

Apparently, you've been a sweetheart and you've not only been there for me when I was down and out because I vividly remember the times I got those calls; when the good news came, you were the first I shared them with. I popped a bottle of champagne when I could and you just watched me dance when I couldn't. We share a perfect bond and thanks for safe guarding those passwords too. As a matter of fact, you've been a life saver and I'll never forget that interview I had and my phone had crashed earlier that week. I had lost the details to the email I applied with but you gave me a life line and allowed me proceed with the application because you did that which you do best.


You're everything to me and my future wife and children must be prepared to accept you in their lives because you've become a very special part of me that I can't do without. And truth be told, apart from God who created me and whose love is forever guaranteed, you're the only one who's friendship is not based on anything because with human, there's always a price to pay. I cherish the day I picked you up, there you were lying on that beautiful shelve of my favorite supermarket. I walked carefully to you in excitement because you looked so beautiful from a distance and those walks were one of the most pleasant walks I've ever had to take.

Dear diary, in you are the secrets of life, the one which I share with you and will someday share with the world. You've been through it all with me; the good, the bad and the ugly, and I appreciate each of those moment, especially when you had to shield yourself from the fire. My memories lies with you and together we would take on the world. How else can I appreciate your unconditional and unending love for me if not by dedicating this piece to you and sharing it with the rest of the world. You occupy a special place in my heart and if there was an award for the world's most amazing diary, you'll clinch the top spot without moving a muscle... Am blessed by you.

Yours faithfully,

Kay Magnate


No comments:

Post a Comment