Tuesday 21 February 2017

The Woman..



The woman who deserves to be my wife will see beyond what others see in me and pick up the shovel with me as we dig a lasting foundation for a love that knows no bound. She will derive joy and pleasure in getting on her kneels to pray for me every morning when she wakes up even before she says, I DO.  My woman, my everything as Patoranking said in one of his songs and with her I plan to spend the rest of my life in holy matrimony, till death do us apart.

She’s a woman of virtue, the type we read about in the bible and definitely not the kind that walks about the place with a sledge hammer and squashing hearts. I like to see her as the reason behind those many heartbreaks because if they didn’t happen, I will probably have ended up with the wrong one. So it’s true what they say that every disappointment is a blessing. And sorry for the hearts I broke as well, guess they weren’t just meant to be and I’m sure you found someone twice the man I was. I’m a king now and only hope this crown leads me to my queen.



Mrs Falaiye, that’s actually not a bad name to inherit if you ask me, but I must warn you that I’ve got pretty amazing sisters so you must be prepared to bring in your ‘A’ game. You know, I have always boasted to end up with a woman they would be proud of and finding someone more prettier than they are will only make me the true son of my father because my mother is fine like that. Anyway, love isn’t just about beauty but the inner glow is what counts, really.

I pray I find someone who loves God more than she will ever love me and bring up our children in the way of the Lord. Like I always say, beauty doesn’t build a home, the presence of God in her does and only pray she remains a pencil in her creator’s hand and allow him paint us a wonderful future. You know I was just trying to update my status on my blackberry messenger when the inspiration for this piece came along and only hope someday we might get to exchange pin and ping our way to each other’s heart.



Love is real, kind and patient and I’m definitely not in haste because we really can’t rush what we want to last forever. It is possible you are already a part of my life and maybe not but time is the true test of love and let’s hope it conquers all. I haven’t been the best guy, trust me but if you must belong to my future, you must be willing to forgive my past. The present is branded and new and so will our love and only the right one can forever keep it fresh like a new pair of Nike shoes just off the box.

I don’t want a love full of webs neither do I ever want us to get entangled in one of those triangles. If we are ever going to do this, let’s be dame sure we do it right. I have seen a couple beautiful romantic love movies that brought me to tears and wishing I played the lead role in a real life situation although I can’t promise to freeze in the cold storm while I put you in the boat to sail into another man’s hands but I can promise not to take you on a love cruise in a sinking ship, we can always choose to fly.



You know, I’ve dated a few amazing women I really liked and lost due to my anger and pride and only hope you are twice the women they were back then because I’m hoping they are all restored back to me all in one now that I’ve traded my aches for beauty and all thanks to the Holy Spirit for partnering with me on this life project that gave me series of sleepless nights when I had to stay up to pray and fast my way to the Lord’s heart and thankfully I received His mercy on a platter of gold.

So I ask, will you be willing to dive into the ocean of love with me if we were swimming with sharks and I don’t mean the vegetarian one, this isn’t the SHARKTALE. This is real and you must be prepared to hustle your way out with me in the midst of those flesh eating creatures because life is deeper than you think and be rest assured that someday our friends would get jealous and think of every way possible to tear us apart, stabbing us in the back and trust me, the least we ever want is to make that blood spill because even if we are lucky enough not to get shewed, the belly of the fish sure isn’t where I would want to learn my lessons, I’m not Jonah.



I am pretty satisfied with the beautiful names my parent gave me and if we were to ever have some connection with a tale in the bible, why don’t we take a trip back to the garden and correct the mistake of centuries ago and refuse to eat the fruit; fruit of lies, deceit, fornication and adultery just to mention a few and let’s choose to remain in love, to be faithful, contented, sincere and above all, heaven driven individuals who would someday build a home for God to dwell in and together we would raise heavenly children for God to work with, while we grow old in each other’s arms and watch the sunset.

By the way, I know there’s no such thing as a perfect wife or a perfect husband but we can choose to believe in ‘FOREVER’ and forever I say is giving one another unlimited chances to love each other every day. Believe in love, love and be loved and that’s exactly what I intend to do when I find my bride. And interestingly enough, I know who I am now and no longer lost in the shadow of myself so I’m not the type to beg for a girl’s love anymore, we are actually just meant to click. You are not doing me a favor, neither am I, we are meant to be partners and work together as a team and it starts with a decision to try.

Kay Magnate

No comments:

Post a Comment