Friday 10 February 2017

If I Could.. (Special Dedication)



If I could, I will be optimistically optimistic that I should, and guess this piece would have had a better and more reassuring title like ‘heaven is good’. Life is painted in black and white and if you are not careful and vigilant enough, it just might offer you a couple more stripes. I’ve seen, I’ve heard and awakened it and above all, I’m pregnant with an ever burning desire to live it but the day to day hustle and bustle got me stuck in between doing right and wrong.

Who is to blame for all these misfortune? God created the world so beautifully and however went on to create man in His own image but we chose to eat the forbidden apple, leaving the shawarma to burn. Now, there’s nothing ‘Eden’ about our gardens anymore, what we have are just flowers surrounding our drive way with not even a single fruit to pluck. So I ask again, who let the dame snake in?



Well, I guess we should have been more conscious of the creepy creeping creature and gather up some boiled eggs and throw them all over the place, hoping it chokes to death. And Eve they blame for all the infelicity but I say Adam must have already been thinking of owning a surname as ‘Sandler’ and that’s why he decided to eat the dame fruit.  But then, I guess it’s a little too late for regrets and pointing accusing fingers because the remaining four actually points back at us so why don’t we stand up to do something to make a difference individually to the life of the man next door.

As a matter of fact, I’m really baffled by a couple of stuffs and only hope someone out there might have the right answers. You know, we all ate the fruit and instantly gained our sight and became wise so why can’t some solve a simple arithmetic. And also on the other hand, we were made to understand that Adam and Eve knew they were naked and rushed to cover themselves up with some leaves immediately they ate the fruit so why do we still find some ladies out there walking about the streets naked all in the name of a fashion trend, I guess they must have eaten the leaves and not the apple itself.

Crazy right, that’s what I thought, but then I wouldn’t allow that derail me as I’ve got my eyes locked on the head of the nail and with these words I’ll be hammering into us the essence of today’s inspiration and hope I reach out to a soul or two.  And with that said, allow me to quickly make a wish list in my head and hope with that I’m able to relate to you all some of my concerns and maybe they just might become yours too and together we can make a change and make the world a better place to live.

You know, I hate to slap the taste out of anyone’s mouth but if I could, I would have the president of this beloved country of mine get back in his uniform and rule again as a military leader, reintroducing the ‘War Against Indiscipline” that was first introduced in 1984 and have those so called untouchables locked behind bars and their stupid legacies can rot in hell for all I care. They are nothing but a total disgrace to this country and everything we stand for. People fight to cast in their vote so that they and their children can have a better life but it’s their private jets that are landing and their containers taking turns at the sea pot and yet they expect us to keep our mouth shut.




Well, I don’t know about you but my voice must be heard because it hurts to see an elderly man who must have served the country all those long years in service, still mounting the gates at our local stores and neighborhoods, when provisions should have been made to enrich them for the rest of their lives. Our mothers doing petty jobs just to survive and there we are cruising Lincolns and Bentleys, cursing our heritage. It’s an unforgivable abomination to suffer so much for a child who grows up to forget us and I pray that wouldn’t be our portion. If I could, I would have our fathers and mothers take trips to the Bahamas and we all can return back to the farm to cultivate a better tomorrow. If I could, I would stop piracy so that our hard working musicians, actors and film makers can begin to enjoy the fruit of their labor and royalties payed to them for their outstanding work.

Nigeria is fast taking on the world, what are you doing to contribute your own quota? Are you involved in some internet scam and destroying the image of this glorious country? Well, it takes only a while for time to catch up with you and when it does, you’re sure to vomit every pounds and dollars you reaped a fellow human off or you can as well right now just follow my lead and choose to stay clean. We’ve all made some wrong choices at some point in our lives but how long do we intend to keep acting ignorant when we know the truth. My brothers and sisters, if I could, I would bring back our girls and bring back the glorious days when the world was afraid to get toe to toe with our senior national football team, what about you?

Kay Magnate

No comments:

Post a Comment