Friday 14 October 2016

What Can't He Do?


I ask myself over and over again if there's anything the king creator cannot do and I'm short of words because my life itself is a testimony to the fact that the Lord can do all things, if only you believe in him and allow him do his wonders through you, in you and for you. Fortunately, this is a topic that has been greatly discussed in our churches, mosques and various places of worship and references have been made to the bible and Quran just to mention a few, but this piece will be taking a different direction as I will be making references to real life situations, so journey with me as I take you through some personal experiences and scenarios I was privileged to witness at some point in my life and hope we learn a thing or two at the end of it all.

So I ask again, what can't He do? What can't the one who took me out of the clubs and reintroduced me to the church after many years of a wayward living, washing away my sins and cleansing my system off the Vodka. What can't He do, the one who took the cancer sticks off my lips despite how addicted I was. I mean, I've been smoking since the year 2000, just when I was about graduating from high school and yet I'm alive and not knocked down by cancer. What can't he do, the one who continuously strengthens me and gives me the grace to drop the cigarette stick each time I'm in the counsel of old friends and pick up the Benson & Hedges pack again, lighting up a couple sticks, he does not turn his back at me in anger because he's patient enough to understand it's a life I've lived for so many years and all it takes is encouragement and more grace to stay away completely.


What can't He do, the one that thought the 'little me' to respect women and not jump in bed with every cute one that catwalks through that door. My life is a testimony to the wonders of the Lord and for those that knew me back then, I'm sure you know what I mean. Some love women, some alcohol, some just love to smoke cigarette and all kinds of drugs and while some maybe addicted to more than one, maybe two but I did it all and excessively that is. I can't count the number of times I was involved in an accident on my way from a club party back in school but not ones did I record a bruise on myself, the car always took the hit for me and I never forgot to show my gratitude, little wonder it always came out shinning again in new paints.

Now let me take you back to the year 2008 when a classmate of mine back in the university almost drown to death during our graduation pool party in some hotel in Lekki, he had himself soaked up in Vodka and that same bottle of liquor gave him a shot back at life. You know, we were all partying and having fun and all of a sudden, Toyin was no where to be found, we just noticed the vodka bottle he was holding was up floating alone by the edge of the pool where he was initially sighted and was left with no breath at all by the time he was rescued and rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. But thank God for God, today he's alive and living happily in the united states and what if there was something God couldn't do that night?.


This is a story I hold so dearly to my heart because I witnessed someone dead been brought back to life so miraculously just at the point of graduation after six long years of hard work and labor and I just wonder what would have happened to his parent, friends and family if God wasn't there to do that which he knows how to do best. So this makes me ask again and with my hands stretched out wide this time, what can't He do, the one who gives a twin baby boy to a family who has been expectant for 25 years and a year later, they are blessed with another set of beautiful twin girls, isn't it marvelous how He takes away the tears of his people, replacing it with a joy that knows no bound. 

What can't He do? I could go on and on making references to the amazing ways the Lord has showed his greatness in the lives of those that believe in him but like I said earlier, my life alone is enough to preach it so why waste more time trying to paint a picture that's self evident, or am I not the one writing this piece. Years back my life was a mess and still cleaning up the mess till today I guess, but one thing is guaranteed and that's the unending relationship with my creator and that supersede every other thing. So therefore, I may be broke today and might be a nobody but I'm not bothered because I believe in the wonders of tomorrow and I know for a fact that there's nothing my redeemer cannot do. And as the scripture goes, "sorrow may endure through the night but joy comes in the morning", the Lord said it, I believe it and that settles it.

Kay Magnate

No comments:

Post a Comment